I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Work with me people - A sketch by Annie Zorzo

I bear devastating news...my camera has died.  Yes, one week before Christmas, it was exposed to some water on a trip to the river (very hot day).  Somehow, on high ground, at the bottom of my bag, it's been waterlogged!!!  This is a scrapbookers worst nightmare and I have no idea how I'm going to record all those precious memories on Christmas day.  I'm going to give the hairdryer another try....

So that means today I don't have any photos of a project to show you.  So I've done the next best thing that I can think of - I've created a sketch of the layout I was planning to do for you and have a list of the products I was going to use.  As we're all pretty visual people with great imaginations, I thought you might enjoy the little journey into the dark with me!!!  Appropriate really since the theme behind the layout was my daughters first experience of Fireworks at last years Christmas Carols.  Tanyah blessed me with the most gorgeous paper from the Crate Paper, Restoration Collection - Doilies. 


So if you can imagine, these gorgeous doilies cut out to be the fireworks, then the rest is easy with the sketch.




Other products you will need are:
* Dark Cardstock or a second sheet of the Crate Paper Doilies Paper
* Crate Paper Doilies
* Dusty Attic Doily Chipboard
* Glimmermist
* American Craft Thickers or Alpha Stickers
* Journalling Pen or Thread
* Versa Magic Ink
* Distressing tool.

And simple steps to make this Layout
1.  Make your dark cardstock or the reverse of Crate Paper Doilies Paper your base
2.  Cut out multiple colours and sizes of the doilies from the front side of Crate Paper Doilies - distress and ink the edges
3. Using 3D mounting tape, layer the different sized circles in the top left hand side
4. Using a zig pen or thread, create the line coming up from the base of the page to the Doily Fireworks.
5. Sandpaper the edge of your photo and fix it in place
6. Complete your journalling on a journalling spot and fix underneath the bottom left hand side of the photo.
7. Using a Dusty Attic Chip Doily, spray with Glimmermist and once dry fix your title to the top of it.
8. Fix the finished chip doily to the bottom right hand side of the photo, sitting in the bottom right hand side of your layout.

If I can dry out my camera I will take photos of my project through the stages and the end result and put it up in the gallery.  I'd also love to see your interpretation of the sketch and what you come up with.  There are lots of occassions when the fireworks come out and the Crate Paper Doilies is perfect to recreate those starbursts of colour.

Hope you can visualise it and I hope I can come up with some photographic solution before Christmas day!!!!  Oh dear - what a time for this to happen.  Enjoy your Christmas everyone and see you on Boxing Day.

3 comments:

Yillup said...

Oh no! Don't use a hairdryer - the heat can do bad things to the electricals. Try putting the camera with the battery removed in a zip-loc bag covered in plain rice and leave it for a couple of days. The rice will absorb any moisture left in the camera and hopefully it'll work. If you haven't done so already, don't turn it on. If it gets turned on some of the bits and pieces can short out and do more damage.

So basically, keep it off, put it in a zip loc bag (or even a box) with rice, and keep your fingers crossed!

Yillup said...

Oh, and that was the camera should be covered, not the zip loc bag! LOL

Fill the bag with rice and add the camera and hope...

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria