I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, December 20, 2010

Joy banner - the Ink by June



I just love Distress inks and the way you can blend them, stamp with them and even emboss with them.


For these tags I began by inking the edges and shading in using Vintage photo. I wanted the rosettes to look like they belonged with the rest of the tag so I chose a colour, pine needle, that matched the mist to ink the edges of the paper as well. I stamped the tags in the brown ink also because I wanted it to look like a design on the tags rather than really stand out. I stamped and embossed the crown, clock, wings and words in black so they would stand out. I went back and did some shading over these in the pine needle and vintage photo as well. Inking the edges and shading in gives a nice finished effect anf vintage feel - not too grungy for this project.




I liked the different kinds of sparkle (glitter and mist) and shine (pearls and gold findings) I finished with and it didn't look too blingy for me. have a play yourself and see what you can easily create.




Wishing you joy June

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Great banner. Great idea to use tags. You can never use too much bling, can you. Love the different kinds you used.
Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing! :o)

Pearl Maple said...

June, fabulous creations as always. Happy holidays to you and the family.