I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Simple card using Ranger 'Distress' products - Nicky Amber

Well this week I thought I'd make a simple card using some of the new (and old)  Ranger 'Distress' products.





To start, I punched out a butterfly shape and then spread a thin layer of Ranger Distress Stickles.  On this butterfly I used Broken China, Shabby Shutters and Faded Jeans
 

I then used the Ranger Distress Crackle paint over the top of the image.
Once the shape is covered with the crackle paint, leave to dry.  When it dries it should form cracks in the surface to produce....
The size and amount of cracks will be determined by the thickness you apply the paint, thinner application leaves finer cracks while thicker application will leave larger cracks.

For the background of the card I used the Distress Ink watercolour technique I used a couple of weeks ago, for instructions click HERE.  Then I stamped my trusty script stamp using Distress Ink over the top.

I wanted to define the border so I used the Distress stickles around the edge of the page.
and also added a clear butterfly trail using the clear rock candy Stickles.

 So there you have it!  All you need to do is add a sentiment to suit your occasion.

Stickles can be used on your pages, cards and on other embellishments to add that something extra...
Here I've added it to the edges of this flower.

Thanks for looking...hope you enjoy working with the Ranger Distress products as much as I have!

nic...xxxooo

No comments: