I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Quick card using Rub n Buff - Nicky Amber

Rub n buff is a wax base metallic finish that can be used for decorating or antiquing wood, plaster, pottery, metal, leather, or gessoed surfaces. All you need to do is rub on and buff to a beautiful luster.

I have used some rub n buff to make a quick card.

I have inked this chipboard shape black and then rubbed some Rub n Buff over the top in some places to simulate a rusted finish.

For the butterflies... I embossed some black cardstock with an embossing folder, punched out with a butterfly punch and then rubbed some Rub n Buff over the top of the raised part. 


This product gives a wonderful metallic shine to your project.  It has many applications (scrapping and non-scrapping)...  I have seen it used for things such as giving picture frames and wooden moulding a nice metallic sheen.    It can also be used on metal, clay and other surfaces and with items including masks and templates.



Don't forget that all items in store have been reduced to clear so go and bag yourself a bargain....or two.

Happy creating...xxxooo

No comments: