I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Step by step layout by Tanyah Payne

Hi Everyone...



How are we all going with only 9 days to Christmas... how are we all going with organisation? For me....its not happening very fast....lol!

In my time out lately I have created a layout that was a challenge on the Scraplounge a couple of weeks ago. We were to base our layout on a music lyric and
only allowed to use 3 embellishments...yep for those who know me that is imposible!.... well accually i did it and surprised myself what you can do with very little supplies.






















Products Used:

  • Bo Bunny Gypsy Range of pattern papers
  • Making Memories Paint
  • Carolee Creations Sleek Alphas
  • paper string - for the sewing
  • very small amount of red cardstock
  • Gelly
  • journal pen
  • crafters workshop template


 My 3 embellishments were...

  • Chipboard
  • Rubons
  • Sizzix ladybug die cut.

Instructions

  1. Place your template over the top of your paper
  2. Using a brush, cover the paint over the top of your template
  3. Lift template off and wash the paint off
  4. Wait to dry
  5. Cut a co ordinating patten paper and distress around the edges. Place at the left hand side of the photo. 
  6. Cut a shape from the gypsy range of papers and placed on the right hand side of the photo
  7. Tear a small part of the base paper approx 1.5".
  8. Find a co ordinated paper and place under the teared edges, this will give a different dimention and colour to your page.
  9. Roll the edges and place cardstock underneath
  10. Punch holes using a hole reamer or thick needle where you want to sew
  11. than using your paper string sew in and out to where you want to go.
  12. I placed the ladybug  at the top left of the pealed back edges.
  13. Typed my lyrics on the computer and matted with red cardstock and placed on the left side of my photo.
  14. title your layout
  15. sewing my corner on the right hand side.
  16. Using a journal pen i doodled a frame around the bottom of my photo.

EMBELLISHED CHIPBOARD SHAPE...
  1. I am sure i have put this on here before but here it is again....
  2. paint your surface
  3. place gelly over parts of your chip shape
  4. Carefully paint over the top of the gelly and entire chip shape
  5. Wait to dry
  6. Using a paper towel, wipe off the gelly to get this amazing effect!... cool hey!
  7. Embellish with rubons!...and all is done!

Hope my layout enspires you to create and have some time out at this crazy time of year....
take care and till next time
TanXx

No comments: