How are we all going with only 9 days to Christmas... how are we all going with organisation? For me....its not happening very fast....lol!
In my time out lately I have created a layout that was a challenge on the Scraplounge a couple of weeks ago. We were to base our layout on a music lyric and
only allowed to use 3 embellishments...yep for those who know me that is imposible!.... well accually i did it and surprised myself what you can do with very little supplies.
- Bo Bunny Gypsy Range of pattern papers
- Making Memories Paint
- Carolee Creations Sleek Alphas
- paper string - for the sewing
- very small amount of red cardstock
- journal pen
- crafters workshop template
My 3 embellishments were...
- Sizzix ladybug die cut.
- Place your template over the top of your paper
- Using a brush, cover the paint over the top of your template
- Lift template off and wash the paint off
- Wait to dry
- Cut a co ordinating patten paper and distress around the edges. Place at the left hand side of the photo.
- Cut a shape from the gypsy range of papers and placed on the right hand side of the photo
- Tear a small part of the base paper approx 1.5".
- Find a co ordinated paper and place under the teared edges, this will give a different dimention and colour to your page.
- Roll the edges and place cardstock underneath
- Punch holes using a hole reamer or thick needle where you want to sew
- than using your paper string sew in and out to where you want to go.
- I placed the ladybug at the top left of the pealed back edges.
- Typed my lyrics on the computer and matted with red cardstock and placed on the left side of my photo.
- title your layout
- sewing my corner on the right hand side.
- Using a journal pen i doodled a frame around the bottom of my photo.
EMBELLISHED CHIPBOARD SHAPE...
- I am sure i have put this on here before but here it is again....
- paint your surface
- place gelly over parts of your chip shape
- Carefully paint over the top of the gelly and entire chip shape
- Wait to dry
- Using a paper towel, wipe off the gelly to get this amazing effect!... cool hey!
- Embellish with rubons!...and all is done!
Hope my layout enspires you to create and have some time out at this crazy time of year....
take care and till next time