I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Teacher gifts using the Bella Uptown Girl range - Nicky Amber

When I asked my son what he would like to give his teacher as a Christmas present I smiled when he quite seriously said "I think she would like some peace and quiet Mum".....while I'm not sure we can give her that I've decided to make up a lovely notecard holder, co-ordinating card and cupcake toppers....and as a bonus they are really quick and easy as well.



For these projects I've used the Bella 'Uptown Girl' range.
















Dots cardstock


















Just Darling cardstock




















Style Icon cardstock

 
To make the Notecard holder...


Step 1.  To start with I bought a pack of 5 little notepaper from my local discount shop.  Measure the width of the notepaper and cut a strip of black cardstock the same size.  I then just measured and cut the length of the cardstock and scored where it would be folded over.

Step 2.  I measured the front cover and cut the 'Just Darling cardstock' to fit over the cardstock leaving a thin black border.

Step 3.  From the underside of the 'Style Icon cardstock' I cut out the pink bracket with a spellbinder die, then used white and black journalling pens to draw around the border.

Step 4.  I cut a strip of the 'Dots cardstock' about an inch wide and folded it concertina style to lay over the bracket.

Step 5.  Using Spellbinder Nestability dies, I cut out one of the 'Style Icon' designs using a circle die and nested it with a scalloped circle.  I used some foam mounting tape to raise this up off the page a bit.

Before adhering it to the black cardstock, I sewed around the border and over the folded strip as well.

Step 6.  For the inside cover I cut the 'Dots cardstock' the same size as the front cover and sewed around the edge before sticking it down (I've just used double-sided tape to do this).


Step 7.  I've then used some of the alpha stickers from the Melrose Vintage cardstock sticker sheet to add the title.


The Card

The card I have made follows very similar instructions, the only thing I have done differently is...
  • I haven't folded the 'Dots cardstock' strip.
  • I have added a punched border strip over the 'Dots cardstock'.
  • I have cut out some of the 'Style Icon' designs and placed them along the bottom of the bracket shape.

My son also thinks we should make some cupcakes to go with this present so I've made some cupcake toppers as well using the Spellbinders dies again.

This range of papers really suited this project perfectly....I could also see it being used for feminine layouts or cards, High Tea invitations, well anything girly really.

I hope this gives you some ideas for quick and easy handmade end of year gifts.

Happy creating...xxxooo

No comments: