I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, March 19, 2010

'Cousins' - A step by step layout by Ingeborg Dijkstra


Materials:

Scallops are very popular these days, aren't they? In this layout I made two different siezed scalloped borders using my circle punches. I first punched a bunch of little circles (15 mm) for my smaller border out of the Orange Cream paper.


Using a little plate I traced a circle (about 10 cm) out of light blue cardstock. I added glue all around the back of the circle to be able to glue my little circles on it. As you will see at the end result I actually ended up making another circle in Deep Blue since I didn't like the lighter blue circle on my layout, but I only made photos when I was making the light blue circle, sorry if this causes any confusion ...
This is what my scalloped circle looked like from the back:

And from the front:

I repeated the process, but with bigger circles this time:


The square paper Liquid Candy is 9.5" x 9.5". This is what it looked like with the red scalloped border:

Using doubled-sided tape I adhered the square onto the yellow cardstock.

Following the curvy lines on the Tutti Frutti paper, I cut a strip and adhered it to the left side of the layout.
I added my blue circle in the left top corner.

I added my photo.

I also added a Sticker Element to put my journaling on.

I finished the layout with some doodling, the title (using the Sticker Alphabet) and some more stickers.


5 comments:

Shazz said...

what a fun and funky LO....and great tips for the scalloped borders too xo

Anonymous said...

Love the tip for the scalloped borders!! Alz :)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is wonderful, Ingeborg!

Pauly said...

Great bright layout!! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

this is a great layout Ingeborg. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

Marion