I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

You Are So Pretty - Step-by-step by Nadine Hills

As promised, Nadine's lovely step-by-step is here! I hope it inspires you as much as it has inspired us!

*******************************

YOU ARE SO PRETTY by Nadine Hills




Supplies Needed:-

2 sheets of Patterned Paper (I used one sheet that was double sided)
4 sheets of co-ordinating cardstock
Matching ribbon
Scallop punch
Kaiser rhinestones and some pearl or bling brads
Flowers
4 x 6 photo
Letters for title
Ink
Sewing machine


Start by cuting 12 strips of paper at 1 1/4 inches wide and 12 inches long, I cut 3 strips each out of each piece of PP and my co-ordinating cardstock. Then use your trusty scallop punch to punch 1 side only of each strip and I have also inked mine to give a little bit more definition.


Arrange these on your base of cardstock, 1/2 with scallop upwards and half facing downwards, 4 strips at the top, and 8 strips on the bottom of LO, over lapping slighlty so you don't see the straight edge, fix them into place with double sided tape or adhesive.

Next grab your ribbon and head for the sewing machine. You need to attach the ribbon to both parts of the LO where the straight sides of the strips meet.
You can just sew it straight on flat or as I have done gathered the ribbon.





Next position your mounted photo and title on your LO. I attached my mounted photo with pop dots to make it stand out a bit better.



Then use your flowers and bling brads to embellish and finsh with a row of rhinestones along the scallops of the top and bottom. A bit of journaling in the bottom right corner and you're done.











*********************************************

Isn't the layout just absolutely adorable? What an excellent job! I know it has inspired me to have a go at that layered border idea...

Thankyou so much Nadine for your hard work and for inspiring others with your talent.

3 comments:

Ingeborg Dijkstra- Verbeek said...

Nadine, what a gorgeous layout! I love how you layered it all. Stunning photo of your girl too!

Pauly said...

Gorgeous work, very inspiring!!!! Thankyou

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is beautiful work, Nadine! What a gorgeous photo, too :)