I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, March 22, 2010

THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Today I thought I would venture into the topic of cutting up your photos and using them on a page to make your layout come alive.

I like to print a lot of my photos and its great how I get to choose their size. Sometimes when I have printed them I realise i did not want an element that may have been present, this is usually when I decided that i will cut my photo up and create a feature with it on my layout or i strategically place an element over the offending piece in the picture.


I had a lot of photos of my daughter being the 'angel' that she is and wanted to use them on this layout. The dilemma that I had was that I wanted to add wings to her picture... well that was going to be a bit hard to do on the photo, so I decided that i would cut out two of the photos to embellish and the other two told  a little more of the story for that day, and as you can see the story was she did not want her photo taken and went to great lengths to stop me from achieving that. I firstly cut out her silhouette and then using a dark ink i went around my edges, this helped define the photograph. My next job was to work out how i was going to put it all together. I adhered the wings to the back of my photos and then placed them on the page.

Another great technique that i have used in this layout is hybrid scrapping. Over at ScrapChat the past couple of weeks I was involved in a challenge comp that is running for hte month of March and last week was Kylie's turn, she wanted us to use hybrid scrapping. Hybrid Scrapping is combining traditional and digital elements on a scrapbooking page...lots of fun I hear you say and yes it is.

In this layout I have printed the paisley elements and the wings as well as the chocolate brackets and have combined them on my layout with more traditional scrapping elements such as the Heidi Swapp alphas, the Bazzill flowers, the stencilled swirl & the 'with attitude' font.

I had a lot of fun combining lots of elements and a few techniques including some stitching and doodling on this layout. Why not have a little fun with your next layout by cutting out your photos and make your layout 'come alive'.

have a great week
tracey

5 comments:

Lisa K said...

Love the layout - very cool

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I think this turned out great! How does your DD feel about the page??

Shazz said...

fantastic - and a great way to use up those "not-so-perfect" photos xo

Alyssa said...

Such a cool layout babe :)
Lys

tracey said...

thanks for your feedback girls. DD looks at it now and finds it funny...she loves the wings that i gave her .... i think she knows that there will be a lot more of these photos that i have to scrap yet so she takes it all in her stride and knows that is the angel that she is..and we love her