I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, March 29, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

PHOTOS - lots of them......

One weekend last year I decided that I would tackle that box of toddler photos I had of my children. I had been  putting it off every time I walked past them. I needed to be brave - open the box - grab a bundle and just scrap them.

I take lots of photos in a series- i guess its the thought of missing the perfect shot, so when grabbing this particular bundle there were quite a lot of pics that I wanted to use on the one layout. Most of my older photographs are bundled into lots ready for me to scrap.I was creating a lot of layouts that weekend and decided that most of them would be one page layouts.

When we take pictures and we don't use an editing program before printing there is a lot of unnecessary background that is not needed, i had a lot of that in the following pics. All i can say is CROP... yes just cut that out ... you find that most of the time you have centered your picture and the stuff on the sides is extra ,so just cut that out as its really not needed.

Oh i almost forgot here are two of the layouts that i created over that weekend...

Layout 1 ---5 picture layout

Layout 2 --- 6 picture layout

With each set of photos I chose my papers to suit and because I was scrapping a lot of photos onto one page I really needed to crop them to make sure that i could fit them all on the page. Also I needed to make sure that I had sufficient space to add a title and journaling if I wanted to add it.

On Layout one I have added journalling with a text block.I printed the journalling from the my computer and mounted it on a contrasting cardstock before adhering it to the layout. I have added photo corners to the larger photos  which were placed so that they have created a nice squared off effect on the layout. Then as with the second layout I have tied it all together by drawing a border around the layout tying all pics together. On Layout one I have used rub ons with themed sayings which i felt have tied in with my feelings and thoughts of the photos and journalling.

Layout 2 - well tub time was and still is the fun time for my beautiful daughter, as a pre - teen now -- oh my gosh, they take so long in the bathroom... some things never change. I decided that i would not journal on this layout,  unlike the first layout it had no title only journalling and rub ons to tell the story - with this layout i am relying totally on the title, and you can see it is 'tub time'. The photos can tell the story. I have used photo corners again on this layout but they are on the corner of the page and a border line has tied all the photos together as well. To create the title i have used a few different Alphas - the word tub was created using a mixture of stickers and chipboard letters and time was created using Bella alphas.

Sometimes i feel that there is no need for journalling, there is a sense from all the photos that you can tell what is going on unless you want to point out something in particular with what your are scrapbooking. If there is a story behind those photos - then it is okay not to journal.... the photo can tell the story for you, but if the story is too good to keep to yourself... then journal about it .. its great for the family to have a read and a recap on the fun that was had while taking those photos.

till next time -- have fun scrapping
tracey

2 comments:

nic said...

Great layouts Tracey!! Inspires me to get into my stash of pics...xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that I don't need to edit every photo before I print Peeps. A very timely reminder I must say! Alz :)