I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, March 8, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

MINI CHIPBOARD ALBUMS

Mini Albums are one of my favourite things to create. There is something special about putting together a book to showcase a set of photographs from one single moment in time or even over a period of time.

I want to share with you one of my all time favourite minis that i created - BEACH. We have so much fun at the beach that i wanted to make this as a coffee table album for my children to pick up and remember all the fun that we have when we are there.




This is an A2Z Scraplets word album. My intention was to keep the beach look and feel to the album when i added my photos. When i work with chipboard most of the time i like to give it a quick coat of undercoat or gesso, this helps my paint go further and gives the paint a real vibrancy as it is going on a white base.


I decided to use glass beads, also known as micro beads to enhance each letter... it gave the album a glistening look like the water. These are adhered to the album using dimensional magic. Firstly i place the dimensional magic where i want the beads to be and then drop the beads onto that, then it is a waiting process for the glue to dry. The use of the 'doodling' or outline of each page has helped enhanced that beach feel that i was trying to achieve... i find that using white and black brings a crispness to your work. Also doodling in your punched flowers adds another dimension to them.

After adding my photos i used a few punched flowers to help decorate the pages and enhanced the photos with some Kaisercraft rub ons. Some left over Scenic Route printed paper worked beautifully with keeping in the colors that i had chosen for the album.

I drew borders on each photo to tie it in with the borders of the album. I added a word metal to the letter A by using floss to tie it in place.

The whole book was bound using hinge rings and dressed up using red grograin ribbon and a stamped tag that i created using acetate.

There are so many possibilities when using chipboard mini albums .. you can cover the pages with printed papers, paint, ink and distress.. the choice is yours. They truly are a great way to capture a snapshot of happy memories.

until next time - create, create, create
tracey

4 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Beautiful album, Tracey!

Sarah Rickard said...

Gorgeous Album Tracey!

nic said...

What a wonderful keepsake Tracey and great tips too! Thanks...xxxooo

Tanyah Payne said...

ABSOLUTLY BRILLANT! love this album and remember spoting it in the mag with it was published too! ....

your very tallented trace and thanks for sharing

luv tanXx