I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Today i would like like to chat about using the fantastic printed elements that are - printed paper. There are so many styles of printed paper, some have flowers, animals, stars and other shapes that you can cut from them to help decorate your pages.

There is no reason why you need to use the paper as a full or part piece, you can cut out the shapes to help enhance your layouts. The layout i have chosen is 'Cheeky Chops'. I have taken printed paper and cut out the flowers that were on it to help enhance the other papers i have chosen for my layout.


I chose to create my layout on craft cardstock... its a fantastic neutral cardstock to use as a base for layout, it also lends itself to a multitude of other projects you may consider making, like mini albums and cards.

After choosing my base cardstock i chose my papers. In this layout i have chosen 3 different printed papers and a solid paper. For anyone wondering how on earth they can use all those printed papers that came in the magazines, well that is the green paper i have backing my main photo. I keep all those papers but really need to start adding them to my projects... i have a thought that if i keep them long enough they will be vintage..lol.

All the flowers that are on the layout,  i have cut from one of the printed papers i have chosen. Each flower has been enhanced by using a brad in the center. Another great way to enhance the flowers would be to use dimensional tape to raise them over the photos, or to distress them, if that was the look you were trying to achieve with the layout you were working on.

I hope you have enjoyed this topic, with the abundance of papers its an economical way to create embellishments and utilise already cut up papers that you may have in your 'scrap stash'

have a great week
tracey

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Well said and well scrapped, Tracey.

Shazz said...

great LO and great tips too

Moonie said...

hahaha very clever title Tracey!!