I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Step-by-step Card using SEI Happy Day papers by Nic Amber

To create this simple card I have used the papers 'Make a Wish' and 'Shout Out' from the SEI 'Happy Day' range.  A lovely feature of these papers is the lovely gloss varnish accents that highlight the main pattern elements.


I used a pink Kaiser card as a base.  I then cut the 'Shout Out' paper, matted it onto orange cardstock and sewed around the edge with some pink thread.

To create some dimensional interest to the card I made a banner by folding a strip of the 'Shout Out' paper over itself several times and cut out 'v' shapes from the ends.

I attached the folded strip to the bottom of the card.

I cut out one of the larger cupcakes from the 'Make a Wish' paper and matted it onto some orange and pink cardstock then attached it onto the left-hand side of the folded strip.


For the title, I decided to use embossing to create the sentiment (mainly because I wanted to try out my new heat gun - which just happens to be on special for August).

So I stamped my sentiment using an old stamp (I've had in my stash for ages) with VersaMark ink...

sprinkled over some white embossing powder, then...


used the heat gun to melt the powder (sooo much easier than holding it over the toaster, lol).

I then cut out around the sentiment and used foam squares to raise it up a bit.
All done!!

I decided to add some extra elements to the card to jazz it up a bit so I added some orange sequin trim, a few buttons tied with paper string and some staples.


Note:  You may have noticed there is a different cupcake in this picture, this is due to my 1 year old deciding to 'taste-test' the original cupcake...  :)



thanks heaps for this nic... a gorgeous card
have a wonderful day everyone
luv tanXx

No comments: