I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Layout using SEI Happy Day papers by Nic Amber

Last week I used the SEI Happy Day papers to make a card, this week I've made a layout using the same papers - 'Make a Wish' and 'Shout Out' from the SEI 'Happy Day' range. .

Make a Wish...

Shout Out














The papers in this range have a great varnish finish so I thought it might be nice to add some extra shine and sparkle by playing around with some Extreme Glitter.  It is really simple to use, just a matter of painting it on with a paint brush and you can vary the amount of glitter just by adding extra coats.

I have used the Extreme Glitter on the title 'Birthday', around the edges of the paper and to fill inside the '1'. 

For the title, I have used chipboard wording, painted it with orange paint then once that was dry I added a layer of extreme glitter.  For this project I used the 'hologram' extreme glitter which is a great neutral colour but they come in a wide range of colours to suit your project.
 Hopefully you can see from these pictures it really gives a great glittery finish and just adds that bit of sparkle to your project.  Tanyah has a range of examples in store if you want to see other ways to use this product.

I have also added some bunting (the flags), it's a great way to use up your scraps... I have just cut them into triangles, stuck them down and attached some paper string across the top.







So there's a couple of ways to use the SEI papers, if you have used them in a project don't forget to add them to our gallery.

Happy crafting and hope you all have a great day!!

2 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Love the layouts and card Nic, such fun and creative ways to use these fun papers and embellishments. Thanks for all the ideas, wish I had seen these before I used this paper :-)

nic said...

Thanks Liz...I'm sure your creations are fabulous! Have you put some pics in the gallery?? :)