I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Father's Day card using Fancy Pants 'My Family' range.

With Father's Day soon upon us, I thought I'd make a Father's Day card from the Fancy Pants 'My Family' range.  These papers are great for family themed projects but they are also perfect for masculine projects.

I've made the card to look like a wallet (well hopefully that's what it looks like). 
I have used:
The source of my inspiration came from a quote I found while searching for a nice sentiment to put inside the card...
"A father is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be."

I have used an 8x 10 inch piece of red cardstock, scored at 3.5inches and folded up from the bottom.
I used scraps of patterned paper to line the inside of the wallet and to make a small pocket.  I used some machine stitching around the edges to help it look like a real wallet.

Don't forget to add a handwritten note for Dad, or the pocket could be used to hold a gift card or voucher.

This is a great way to tell Dad how much you care and to use up your leftover bits and pieces of paper...and don't forget there is still 25% off all papers during the month of August!

Happy creating and have a great day!!

2 comments:

Marhamah Cyrus said...

very creative.
this is truly an inspiring design ^.^

sueat17 said...

Very cute Nic....such a great idea!