I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, August 27, 2010

Different ways to make and use inchies (part 3: Inchies & Inchie Stamps) by Ingeborg Dijkstra

Today is part 3 of my 'inchies series'. Two weeks ago I showed a few ways of using handmade inchies on cards and last week I showed different ways of making and using inchies on your scrapbooking layouts. If you missed these blog posts, please click HERE (to read part 1) and HERE (to read part 2).

Today I would like to show you some inchie stamps, which are especially designed to create inchies with. For these cards I have used 'inchie stamps' from Inkadinkado. Tan also sells this wonderful set of of clear stamps. There are 23 clear stamps and they are just gorgeous and so versatile. You find these 'inchie stamps' HERE. Here are the four cards I made:

I made the first card by stamping four of the 'special thoughts' images directly onto the white cardstock. I used Stazon ink, because I wanted to use my water colour pencils to colour the images. If I had used pigment ink, the images would have gotten very blurry.

This is what the images looked like when I coloured them in:

Since I coloured the images with watercolour pencils, I added a bit of water with a tiny brush and 'painted' the images a bit brighter:

It is hard to see, but I also added a bit of glitter here and there too:

I used a border punch to create a decorative edge on the right side:

I doodled around the scallops and the images:

For a final touch I wanted to add some liquid pearls. I LOVE that stuff! It is such an easy and economical way to add 'pearls' to your card or layout!

How quick and easy was this card! And ... I am sure any girlfriend would love to receive it!

I made the card below for my husband. We love going out to have a cup of nice coffee somewhere. I used quite girly images, but by using male colours and Grunge paper, I think he'll still like it! The stamped circles 'coffee?' are part of the same set of inchie stamps. I cut two of the circles and put them on black cardstock. I used foam dots to 'pop them up'.
The following two cards are made with papers and die cuts from KaiserCraft's 'Child's Play' collection. I stamped the same image on different scraps of paper. I cut nine inchies and placed them in a square onto the cardstock. Since that looked a bit 'boring' I placed one inchie out of the square at the top left corner. I punched two butterflies and stuck them on. Done!

I made this card with the same inchie stamps, but didn't make any inchies with them! I just wanted to show you that these stamps can be versatile and you don't need to make inchies with them if you don't want to ... LOL ! I used quite a few die cuts from the Child's Play collection. On the two die cut tabs I stamped 'thinking of you'. I also stamped the word 'believe' a few times, and the birds too. This card can be used for many different occassions!

Now ... after all those weeks of showing inchies it is your turn! I'd love to see you create some cards and/ or layout using inchies! Or ... if inchies aren't your thing, why not try

  • Rinchies (1 inch round)
  • Twinchies (2 x 2 inches)
  • PSI = Plus Size Inchie (1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches) ?

I'd love to see what you made, so please make sure you upload it in our gallery!

Love,

Ingeborg.

2 comments:

chrisw said...

Just beautiful

sueat17 said...

Stunning cards Ingeborg...I love them all! xx