I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, January 11, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Have you ever had that one piece of paper in your stash that you had no clue what to do with or what to add with it.... and you really wanted to use it ... but seriously could not put two and two together?

This layout that I would like to share with you today is 'that piece of paper' for me... well i have a few of them... but this was 'the one' for this layout.

I found it was such a busy patterned paper that i did not want to add too much to it. So I decided to create a minimalist layout. I decided that instead of adding other papers i would make the photo the stand out and add only a few extra touches to help tell the story.

After I placed the photo down I decided to machine stitch a border around the photograph. Extremely effective for how busy the pattern is on this page. I then decided on a few cleverly placed stamps. To add depth to the page as there is not much on it I added texture paste to my paint before stamping. The title was created using Carolees Sticker Alphas and then the page was all done.





I decided that i would not journal on this layout.. the picture tells the story... and also leaves it open for my son to tell the story behind what he was doing when we go back through our albums... and let me tell you it is a not so interesting story - but the picture has got everyone asking - 'what is he doing?'...lol...

till next time... enjoy your week
tracey

3 comments:

Tanyah Payne said...

Wow this is unreal trace, minimal is what i find hard to do and will give this a try in my spare time....hehe!

That pp is unreal, love it!...luv tanxx

nic said...

Fantastic layout tracey! I have plenty of 'those' bits of paper in my stash too...Love the texture in the stamping. Great idea!!

Ingeborg Dijkstra- Verbeek said...

Love it, Tracey! Such a stunning layout! And ... yes, I got many, many of 'those' bits of paper in my stash too! x