I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Single step by step layout by Lisa Kamphuis - School Layout

How to incorporate your childrens artwork into your layouts!


Our young children often draw us pictures or write us letters that we wish to keep. This layout was done with that idea in mind – incorporating the drawing to be part of the layout. My daughter starts school this year and she just loves it. So I wanted to keep this drawing of her and Ii !!

Instore Tanyah has this cool handprint paper which suited the layout perfectly.


CLICK HERE if you would like to purchase this lovely paper from WUBE called Primary Painted Hands

I trimmed this down and tore it in half and adhered to black cardstock.


I then added Teleahs drawing on the right hand side of the page.



I had an old childrens Enid Blyton book page so I lightly sprayed this with some glimmer mist and adhered to the side of Teleahs drawing.



Her photo then to the side of her drawing.



In keeping with the theme – I used some childrens pencils and adhered them to the side of the pic. I adhered them after tying them with some string.



I then used some large ribbon and tied a loose knot and adhered this at the bottom of the photo and drawing.



I added some final embellishments like felt borders and my title

See how you can incorporate your childrens drawings and letters and load them in Tanyahs gallery http://www.scrapncraftwitht.com.au/gallery. Id love to see what you do

Till next time
Lisa K

4 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is a wonderful idea :)

nic said...

This is great Lisa - I have a couple of pictures on the fridge I should transfer into a layout. Will try and give this a go. Thanks...xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Looks fab Lisa! Awesome patterned paper. Love how you used the colouring pencils! Alz :)

Em Stafrace said...

thats an awesome Lo Lisa, great idea using the pencils!