I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Step by Step Thanks Card from Amanda Moran.

“Thanks” Card



Materials used:

Using cardstock (I’ve used white) cut 28cm x 14cm and score (fold) at 14cm to fold it in half.

Cut a (large) square piece of pattern paper – My Minds Eye Abbey Road Whirlybird “Best Friends” scattered flowers to 13cm x 13cm.

Using a 35mm square punch (or cut them by hand) punch out 9 (small) squares of coordinating pattern paper – Whirlybird “Shine” .

Rather than ink the edges of the large and small squares I’m going to distress the edges. I use a Making Memories “distresser” and Tanyah has the great Tim Holtz one in the shop. If you don’t have one – you can use your scissors
– but please do so very carefully!!! So distress the edges of your large square and the 9 small squares
.

Adhere the 9 small squares in an even grid on your large square
. If you feel the need you can use a ruler to make sure they are all ‘even’ but I tend to go more ‘freestyle’ and place them by eye!

With a pin pad (old mouse pad) under your large square, pierce the paper through all layers between a number of the small squares .
Using some matching coloured embroidery thread; stitch between the pierced holes .

Put your sentiment on a small rectangle of coordinating cardstock using a stamp, mini alphas or in my case, I’ve used a Kaisercraft rubon. Ink the edges of this small rectangle .
We will be adhering this to the bottom right hand corner of the smaller squares later.

Using some thread, ribbon, ric rac or yarn, cut a piece approximately 12 cm long to curve into the shape of the stem of our flower .
I’ve used twine – I really like the rustic look of this twine amongst the ‘pretty’ colours of these papers. Attach the twine in place using glue or Xyron sticker maker.

I’ve snipped out a small piece of the green pattern paper to make a very small leaf which I’ve outlined in a fine pen. Adhere the sentiment and small leaf using double sided foam mount (Tanyah has some Bella foam mount). This gives a 3D effect and lifts the sentiment up over the twine
.


Using a flower (Chelly Bean Designs Romantic Rose); glue on top of your twine ‘stem’. As you can see, I’ve inked the pink romantic rose slightly .
Add a few buttons as finishing touches to final pretty card


Thank you Manda for your beautiful card. If anyone would like to have a go at this we would love to see your verson of it in our gallery...http://www.scrapncraftwitht.com.au/gallery

till next time
luv tanXx

4 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Amanda, you've created such a beautiful card. TFS!

Leanne said...

Love this card, it is very pretty

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Lovely card, Manda. Great tutorial too!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Manda. I wonder how it would translate to a LO??? Alz :)