I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Hi Everyone,

I do hope you have made lots of NY resolutions that you can adhere to as well as alter a little...lol... and that you have all recovered from all the festivities. Today i am going to chat about:

Three photos, a border & some stitching.


All set to scrap and I had three square photos and some left over We Are Memory Keepers paper from another project. The brain start to tick.... and tock.... and tick again... let me tell ya it was a long process.

I wanted to try and keep it simple as I was trying to scrap pictures of my beautiful little boy. I cut a complete border from the printed paper and distressed the outer edges. The photos I had chosen would not be mounted onto a mat, instead I edged the photos in my dark brown staz on ink instead. I found that this added a nice dark border and helped the photos to stand out on their own.

Okay I was ready to start to stick it all down. I added the Patterened paper border that I created. It was adhered by straight stitching on the outer edge and then a zig zag stitch was used on the inside edge, its effective and adds to a little dimension to the page.

I then added my photos, layering the center one on top of the others as it was what I had named the layout about. The title was added and then some raindrop stickers. I used the opposite side of my leftover paper to add a journalling spot and I was all done.

It was a quick and simple layout that told his story for the day... my cute little 4 year old could swim and float ... I am a proud mumma.

Hope you have a fantastic crafty week
tracey


Items used:

You can find these products and more at Scrap N Craft with T http://www.scrapncraftwitht.com.au

3 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Tracey, you should definitely be a proud mum, learning to float and swim is a major achievement. Love the colour scheme and the raindrop stickers top off a wonderful layout.

tracey said...

thanks Melinda... i am so glad he did learn to swim early as it really is an important skilll they need, cheeky monkeys used to climb the fence to get in the pool too ... i was on watch 24/7 with both of them.

Ingeborg Dijkstra- Verbeek said...

What a wonderful layout indeed; I love the simplicity of it and how it really focusses on the photos!