I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, October 1, 2010

'Feel the rain' ... a card by Ingeborg Dijkstra

The stamped sentiment of this card is a quote of Bob Dylan. 'Some people feel the rain, others just get wet'. I believe it means something like some people appreciate every moment of life and nature even when the unexpected happens, and other people choose simply to complain because things didn't go the way they wanted. Mmm ... I surely get wet some days, and boy, would I like to 'feel the rain instead of getting wet' more often!



Anyway, I wanted to make this card to cheer up a friend, when 'life happens'. I haven't send it yet, but will keep it for a 'rainy day' (sorry ... that was just a little joke on my part). I wanted to create my own umbrella and decided to design it in Microsoft Office Publisher first. My design looked like this:

I cut the 8 little triangles out of my printed document and used them as a template. I used a few matching colourful patterned papers from KaiserCraft's Playtime Collection. If you save the picture above and print it on a sheet of A4 paper, your triangles should fit perfectly on a square card! I cut a little curve at the shorters line of each triangle to make it look more like an actual umbrella. I added black rhinestones at each end and in the middle. As a finishing touch I added glossy accents to make little raindrops. This is the finished result:

No comments: