I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Using Layout Kits - by Annie Zorzo

Have you ever tried using a layout kit?  You'll find that everything you need is there in the kit already cordinated, and not necessarily with papers from the same range, so you don't have to go matching things up.  You can use it to make more than one layout and with the leftovers, and there generally are left overs, you can make up some cards!  So this week, I've used a monthly kit of Tanyah's to make a layout.

In the kit, I had (the ones with an asterisk are the ones I used on this layout):
And this is what I come up with:


To make a layout like this:
1.  Trim the Floral Lace Paper to the shape I wanted. 
2.  Peel the self adhesive backing off the lace paper and carefully put the lace paper down somewhere with the sticky side up.
3.  OPTIONAL STEP...I used the pale blue cardstock, but I wanted it even lighter, so with the back of the lace paper that I peeled off, I used some blue tack and stick it to my cardstock where I wanted the lace paper to eventually go.  I then used white paint and a dry brush to daub some white paint on the cardstock.  In hindsight I didn't really need to use the backing paper to do this as I could have just daubed stright onto the cardstock, but I thought I'd let you know incase you want to use the same masking technique on another project!!!  Here's how it turned out anyway!

4.  Stick your lace paper down onto the card stock.  I defined the straight edges of the lace paper with white painted dots.
5. Pleat some mesh ribbon along the bottom edge and top this with twisted lace. You may have to secure it in places with some staples

6. From the Savannah - Fairy Dust paper, cut around the flowers and the fairies, ink the edges and slide behind the upper edge of the pleated mesh ribbon

7. Cut a 5 inch circle from the Little Sprout - Baby's Breath paper, ink the edges and place on the right hand side about a third of the way from the top.
8. Sand the edges of your photo and slide behind the flowers and the faires and over the left edge of the circle
9.  Finish with the Kaisercraft Rhinetone word, teeny tiny letters and flower sprays.   I also added some pearl scrolls that were not in the original kit but I just like them and wanted too!!
So if you want to take a bit of the guess work about which papers and embellishments to use, go for a kit.  You'll be surprised by what...and how much...you can come up with from just one kit. 

Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Shazz said...

just gorgeous Annie....love what you have done with the kit :)