I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, October 22, 2010

Wanna be part of this Design Team? A layout and DT call by Ingeborg Dijkstra

Since the beginning of this year I have been a Design Team member for both Scrap 'N Craft with T and the Scrappassion Challenge Blog. The Dutch version of the Scrappassion Challenge Blog has been running for over 2 years in The Netherlands, but from January 2011 the blog will go international! Ria, the owner of the blog thought it was time to see some gorgeous entries from international girls. Before we can start of on January 1st 2011,

we are looking for some more talented girls to be part of our Design Team!

We are looking for 4 INTERNATIONAL (a.k.a. outside of the Netherlands and Belgium) designers who love to be on our Design Team. You can be from anywhere around the world; it doesn't matter where you are from. As a Design Team member you will work together with the four Dutch girls who are on the Dutch Scrappassion Challenge Blog. (Feel free to have a look at this Dutch version, which is obviously in Dutch)...
You will find all the details about the DT call and the International Challenge Blog in English HERE !!!! We have received one submission so far and clearly we'd love to have many more! And did you know that Tanyah is our Australian sponsor for this blog too? So come on ... give it a go!

Now back to the layout. The girls in the pictures are all a member of the Scrappassion Blog and a few of them are part of the International Design Team too. We recently had a weekend together full of laughter, fun, food and scrapping; just wonderful!
To create this layout I have used the papers and embellishments from the Ruby Rockit 'Upstairs/ Downstairs' Collection. I first cut two circles (about 15 cm) from two different patterned papers: the dotted paper is called 'Romance' and the black paper is called 'Master'. Using an edge distresser I distressed the sides of the circles and I inked them too.

Instead of using more papers, I decided to take two 'pages' from the 'Upstairs/Downstairs Journaling Pad'. These journaling pages match the papers perfectly and can be used as papers too. I also placed another strip of the Master paper at the top. I distressed and inked all the edges of these papers too.

I wanted to challenge myself to use more than one or two pictures, so I used four smaller photos of our Design Team (with the lovely blog owner, Ria, featured on the picture at the left corner at the bottom of the layout).
I wanted to stamp some swirls on the layout, but I always afraid to stuff that up. Therefore I tend to choose to stamp the swirls on a transparency with Stazon Ink and cut them out. That way I can place the stamped images where I want them! I love flowers, so I added a few here and there and I put black rhinestones in the middle of each flower.


Using Micro Mono Alphabet Stickers from Basic Grey I made my title.
Using a few more flowers, swirls, vintage lace and embellishments from the Upstairs/ Downstairs pack I finished my layout:

Please consider being part of our new International Design Team for the Scrappassion Challenge Blog International! I'd love for you to have a go! You have until December 1, 2010 to send our submissions to Ria. A huge thank you in advance to Tanyah and Scrap'N'Craft for being our sponsor!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First, my big thank you for Tanyah aswell! I simply love the fact you will be our Australian sponsor...thanks again!!
Secondly, being part of this awesome DT is just like feeling at home...we have a real connection, and lots of laughs.
We hope to see more of great submissions to our DTCall..give it a go!
And last but not least, Ingeborg, you simply rock with this layout!! Love it!!!xx

Pauly said...

Awesome layout!!! Just love this....feelin a scraplift comin on!!