I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Using LO Sketches for Cards - By Annie Zorzo

Still considering myself a relative new comer to the world of scrapping, I have dabbled very little into the world of card making.  I'm not sure if this is the norm....are scrappers also card makers and card makers also scrappers or does everyone stick to what they know and very rarely do they cross over?

Well today I'm branching out and I thought I would show the scrappers out there that they too can become a card maker by using a LO sketch.  And for the card-makers among you, here's another little tool in your tool box when your grappling for some new inspiration....using a scrappers LO sketch.

Here we go...and you must know that I'm writing this before I've even started.  I've picked this LO sketch from the Scrap N Craft with T Sketch Gallery.  I've choosen it purely because of the tearing along the bottom and the little bits of stitching, two things I love to do.  I have no idea how it will translate onto a card but that's the fun of it isn't it!  Remember, sketches are a starting point, you don't have to add all the elements and you can adjust the orientation and placement of embellishments so it fits you're project.  Also remember that because you're working on a smaller surface, it's a great time to bring out your scraps and use them up.

For my card I used:
some left over scraps from the Fancy Pants About a Girl paper range.
Paper Flowers
Brads
White Gel Pen
Sam & Lucy Teeny Tiny Letter Stickers.

And here is what I came up with:

It's not the prettiest card, but the Fancy Pants About a Girl range lended itself to be quite bold, a bit funky and something that would suit a pre-teen.  To make the card I started with:
1. A strip of green placed along the bottom edge of the card to show through the tear
2. Cut a rectangle from the main paper I wanted to use and made a teared 'V' towards the bottom.
3. Next with a white gel pen, I made stitch lines across the main paper.  The About a Girl paper range has dark lines that I used as a guide rather than use the circle from the sketch.
4. From the About a Girl boarder strips and cards I cut out two phrases to take the place of the photos on the sketch and then cut the star and saying to take the place of the torn lined paper on the sketch.
5. The final touch on the outside of the card, I attached some layered paper flowers with brads and some cross stitch marks with a white gel pen.
6. And lastly for a sentiment on the inside of the card I used the Sam & Lucy Teeny Tiny Letters.

So there you have it, a card made from a LO sketch.  The pinnacle of card making might still be a little out of reach for this self-proclaimed scrapper, but it's a starting point for other like-minded scrappers out there to dabble in card making.....particularly with christmas coming up.  Now that's an idea....I'm going to challenge all of you out there to use this sketch or another LO sketch from the Scrap n Craft with T Sketch Gallery and make some Christmas Cards.  Have a go and show us what you come up with in the Gallery, we'd love to see it.

So off you go, get card making, scrapping or go and enjoy your Sunday with the family.  I hope it's warm and sunny where-ever you are.

No comments: