I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cosy Christmas with docrafts

This week I am making some Christmas cards using products from the docrafts range.

I have used the Cosy Christmas A4 Decoupage Pack which consists of 4 die-cut sheets (2 different designs) and 4 patterned papers (2 different designs).

Now I have never done any decoupage before so I was a bit daunted by the prospect as it had seemed a bit fiddly in my mind.  I need not have worried because the sheet of decoupage patterns are all die-cut for you so all you have to do is pop the pictures out....they are even numbered in the order they go...very simple and no cutting involved.



Card 1.  I have used a tri-fold card to make this card.  I covered the front with some of the patterned paper in the Decoupage pack.  I made the decoupaged image by overlapping the images and mounting them with foam tape and attached it to some red cardstock.  The title was also found in the decoupage pack.  I inked around the edges with red ink to define the border.

 Here's a close-up of the decoupaged image...







Card 2. I have made this card using a decorative door card blank.  I used patterned paper for the inside paper.  To decorate the front cover, I embossed using a script stamp, inked, assembled the decoupaged image and attached it to the front.
 Close-up of decoupaged image.






Card 3.  I have again used a tri-fold card to make this card.  I embossed some cardstock with the docrafts snowflake embossing folder, assembled the decoupaged image using foam squares in between each layer and added a title to the bottom.


Close-up...



Card 4.  I have made this card using a decorative door card blank.  I used patterned paper for the inside paper.  To decorate the front of the card I glimmer-misted in green then I wrote 'christmas blessings' over and over until the card was covered with a red jounaling pen.  I again assembled the decoupaged image and attached it to the front of the card where the doors open.

 Close-up...

Thanks for looking!

There are many other co-ordinating docrafts products to jazz up your cards even further.  If you are after some inspiration the latest magazine is now out as well which comes with a free stamp set and an embossing folder.  Check out all the docraft range HERE!!

Happy creating...xxxooo

2 comments:

Lali said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards TFS

Anonymous said...

They are just too cute Nic! TFS. Alz :)