I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Using black and white pattern papers with June


Well I'm back from an amazing trip. Tim Holtz is such a great teacher and it goes without saying the 4 projects we created were awesome. I hope to share my versions of these and some techniques, with you here or in classes at Tanyah's, over the next couple of months. So watch this spot.


WISDOM - a layout that uses black and white paper to advantage.


I just loved this paper. I wanted the owl and black and white to be a feature of the design so I limited the colours to accents and used a black and white photo. The colours were only used to highlight the photo and direct the eye around the page. The message of the layout was conveyed through the photo placement in the line of vision of the owl to her chicks as well as the title.


Photo: 6" x 4" black and white landscape photo.


Instructions:

1. Cut out and distress the edges of a 7 1/4" circle on green c/s. Attach to owl paper 3" down from the top and 1/2" in from the right side.

2. Tear across the top edge of spot paper (about 2" down on the right edge to 1/2"at the left). Distress the straight edge and attach to owl paper 9 1/4" down from the top and 1 1/2" in from the left edge. Trim the end. Cut a 5" x 7" piece of spot paper and tear across the bottom as shown. Distress other edges. Attach 4 1/2" down from the top and 3/4" in on the right.

3. Attach red ribbon across page just above long strip of paper pinching and scrunching as you go.

4. Micromat photo in red c/s and ink edges. Attach 5 1/2" down from the top and 2" in from the right.

5. Cut 4 pieces of green ribbon with pinking shears 2 1/2" long. Attach in sun shape in bottom right corner. Trim chipboard branches for trees and branch owl sits on. Ink edges and attach. I cut around the owls claws with a blade so I could poke the branch under.

6. stamp stars at top of layout using Staz on. Colour in some stars and owls eyes. I used water colour pencils but you could use many other products.

7. Attach title and subtitle.


I hope you enjoy this layout.

June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these papers June, and what you've done with the owl one. TFS. Meanwhile ... you've been on a trip where you were taught by Tim Holtz?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Lucky, lucky, lucky you! Alz :)