I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, November 12, 2010

'Butterfly', a step-by-step card by Ingeborg Dijkstra

I just spend a few days in Paris with an Australian friend of mine, who surprised me with a visit for my 40th birthday! Those surprises are the best! I hadn't seen her since we moved to Europe in June 2009, so there was a lot of catching up to do!

Paris is just wonderful and I surely loved wondering the streets whilst chatting to my friend. Most papers from Graphic 45 have a French feel and therefore I just had to make a card featuring one of those vintage images!

I started with a sheet of black cardstock and cut a rectangle of cream cardstock slightly smaller than the black card.

At the bottom I added a piece of black lace:

I cut an image of the Graphic 45 Le Romantique collection:

I wanted to frame the picture. I used a chipboard frame from Words Or Whatever (WOW). This particular frame is called Arched Window With Vine. Tanyah has over 60 different chipboard shapes, words and frames from WOW, make sure you check them out HERE!

I made the frame black to match with the card and picture:
I added the picture to the frame:

I also added a piece of orange cardstock on top of the cream card, since I thought the card was looking too 'pale'. I tore the top of that piece of cardstock for a different look. I added a punched butterfly and a little rose in the corner. Done!

No comments: