I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Take a Walk in the Park

One of the newer  companies  to hit our  scrapbook shelves  is ECHO PARK - beautiful colours and tones - they have made quite an impact on the  scrapbook  world  since their  first release.  I love  WALK IN THE PARk - available  INSTORE.

1. Use pink side of “seeing spots “ as the base of your layout.


2. Cut 5 inch by 12 inch strip of “Grandmas quilt”, We will be using the blue cream side



3. Along left side of Grandmas quilt strip – cut into the long side at 2 inch intervals – cut in about 1 and a half inches







4. Taking a thin round tool – a sanding or quilling tool – roll each 2 inch cut piece around the tool until it makes a roll.



5. From “ Happy Borders” paper cut off the thin striped end. At this point if you own any decorative punches you can use them or you can just handcut the long strip or simply distress it using a distressing tool.



6. I have used a trimmed down 6 x 4 photo of my Mum as a little girl. I have matt the photo onto the teal paper which is the reverse side of Happy Borders, Distress edges

7. From ‘ Journal cards “ paper – cut out pink flower and scalloped journal tag. Ink edges.

8. Trim pink mesh to 6 and a half inches and trim floral lace to 5 inches.

9. Adhere pink mesh just in under where the photo will go. Attach lace just up from that almost overlapping the photo.

10. Attach journal spot – I have then raised the cut out flower up slightly with pop dots.

11. Add some paper flowers and leaves. I have kept the stalks of the paper roses and rolled the green wire around my sanding tool to give it a pretty finish before adhering.



12. Attach some random sprays of pearls

13. Add title and journaling


No comments: