I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Yellow Bicycle SnuggleBug Range - a layout by Sue Smith

Today's layout I've done combines two of the most important factors (in my opinion) of a great layout....beautiful photos and fabulous papers.
The photos I have used I took a couple of days ago, and are of my nephew and his 3 week old son, and I feel so privileged to have been able to capture a special private moment between the two of them....

NB: Click on the image for an enlarged view....


The second part of this equation comes courtesy of Little Yellow Bicycle and their gorgeous SnuggleBug Range.

For this layout I started with LYB SnuggleBug Boy Playtime paper which is actually cardstock thickness with the main design embossed to create a beautiful luxurious finish.....



I then doodled around the edge with a design that echoed the antennae of the bugs in the paper.
NB: When you are doodling, don't be scared to experiment with different lines and shapes...the less you get hung up about perfection, the better the result will be...just let your hand have free range, and you might be pleasantly surprised where it takes you and the results you achieve.....



While these photos captured a very special moment, the background detracted from the emotion evoked in the image, and because it was a clean image, I decided to cut out the subjects to polarise the focus of the shots. I then inked around the cut edges with a pale brown ink to take away any stark white edges that might be visible.

The scalloped strips sitting underneath the photos take away the sharp edge at the bottom of the photo. These were hand-drawn scallops and cut from the LYB SnuggleBugs - Boy All Over Snugglebugs paper (double-sided).

I finished off the layout with some 'bug' cut-outs from this same paper and stuck them down with foam tape to give a slight 3D effect, and three co-ordinating 16mm buttons in the top righthand corner.

The title was made with Paper Extra Foam Stickers and the wording made with a Dymo Labeller. I then doodled around the edge of the title and the wording with a black gel pen.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I manage to create a layout that really touches me, and I find it hard to stop looking at what I've created.....this layout is one of those for me. That for me is the real joy of scrapbooking...to create art with paper and have it evoke emotion in the viewer (and the creator...lol).

See you next Monday with some more scrappiness!! xx

3 comments:

Shazz said...

just gorgeous Sue

Anonymous said...

What an adorable paper range and gorgeous LO Sue! TFS!!! Alz :)

Anonymous said...

Well design for cute baby, nice work. exporters