Oh my Goodness!!!!! If you haven't already been online (or if you're local) to Scrap n Craft with T, then don't worry about this blog entry - head over there right now!!!! I visited Tanyah the other day and the amount of new goodies she has in is to die for! Great specials on a range of Tim Holtz products (metal embellishments/distress inks), plus amazing prices on Martha Stewart Punches and Cuttlebug and Spellbinder dies! While you're there, check out the new Season Collection by Crate Paper and grab it too. I'll show you a few projects over the coming weeks that you can use it with. Now, seriously, go and be quick, because at these prices, they're not going to last long!!! I look forward to seeing you back here when you've finished shopping!
La-de-dah-de-dah........Ok, finished shopping? Hope you grabbed some bargains!
For today's project, I wanted to make a fun layout of my youngest daughter on the swing using multiple photos. The colours in the Season Collection by Crate Paper were perfect for what I wanted to do.
Products I've used for this Layout include
* Double Dot cardstock
* Crate paper - Season Collection Spring
* American Craft Thickers
* Kaisercraft Kidzone Clear Stamps
* Versa Colour Ink
* Paper Flowers
* Brown Zig Pen
I haven't got any step-by-step photos for you this week but here are the instructions so you can make it yourself.
1. The Double Dot cardstock has small raised dots. Lightly ink the raised dots to give a subtle pattern - I've used Lime ink.
2. Ink the edges of the cardstock in Pinecone.
3. Cut the flower side of the Crate Paper Season Collection - Spring paper to measure 9.5"w x 10.75"h.
4. Ink the edges of the Spring Paper and line up with the bottom edge and fix into place with equal gaps on the left, right and top sides.
5. Using the reverse side of the Crate Paper Season Collection - Spring Paper, cut a random scalloped edge with the highest scallops measuring 2.25" from the bottom edge.
6. Ink the edges and fix this scalloped edge along the bottom edge of your layout
7. I've printed 4 of my photos in 2"x3" size and a main photo in 3"x5" size. These smaller sizes allow alot of photos without cluttering up the Layout with photos.
8. Tuck your photos in behind the scallop paper.
9. Add a title to the top left of the photos and a sub-title along the scalloped paper edge
10. On contrasting colour cardstock, stamp the round Kaisercraft Kidzone stamp, cut out and position in the top left hand corner of the Season Collection - Spring Paper
11. Layer some coloured paper flowers - taking the colours from the Season Collection - Spring Paper, and top with a button. Position around the stamp.
12. Finally doddle away - immediately around the Spring Paper, I've added my journalling. I've then doddled a boarder around the Double Dot Cardstock, around the scallop edges and around the paper flower edges. I also went over my sub-title a few times to make it abit more scratchy and fun.
There was one last embellishment that I was going to add but at the last minute decided against it. I thought I would share it anyway since you might want to add something like this. Using a chipboard tree (tanyah has lots in the Scrap n Craft with T store), I've used the same stamp as before and randomly stamped over and over again in brown, green, blue and red. I thought it was a bit too busy for this layout but I'll add it to my stash for something else.
I hope you like the new Crate Paper Season Collection and I look forward to bringing you more projects with this beautiful collection in the coming weeks. Now go and enjoy your day....and go shopping at Scrap n Craft with T if you haven't already!