I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Mind's Eye, Meadow Lark Range - Layout by Annie Zorzo

Do you like colour, colour and more colour on your layouts?  Do you tend to steer away from Black and White papers?  Well, it's time to challenge yourself and to step outside your comfort zone.  Tanyah blessed me with the new Meadow Lark range from My Mind's Eye and being more of a colour layout type of person, these papers had me stumped.  




But with the help of a photo of my girls, I decided to colour the papers and came up with this...


To make this LO, I've used:
- My Mind's Eye, Meadow Lark range - White Floral, Dark Floral, Lark & Night Owl papers
- Ruby Rock-it Chip Alpha's 
- Making Memories Paint 
- Bella Rub-ons - Grace
- Ribbon 
- Fabric

Here are some instructions for you to make this layout.

1.  First thing is to paint our papers to allow them to dry before moving on.  I mixed my colour to match my daughters shirt in the photo and then I watered it down to make a wash.  Then very lightly I painted my papers and used my finger to smear where I wanted it to go and so that it wasn't too thick.  I didn't want the black to look washed out or dull.  Also don't over apply your colour wash as too much water will warp your papers.
2.  While the paint dried, I grabbed some old fabric.  On a piece of thick card cut slightly smaller than the photo, I gathered and stapled pleats and gathers in the fabric.  Once finished I teased and pulled the fabric to make it fray.
3.  I then cut two strips of paper.  The first from 'Lark' and the second from the painted reverse side of 'White Floral'.  I then gave them scallops on the bottom edge which I also distressed.
4.  I cut a 20x15cm rectangle from the painted 'Dark Floral', distressed the edges and then positioned at the top left of the layout.
5.  I then positioned the two scalloped strips at the bottom of the layout, 7cm in from the right hand side. I then fixed a scalloped ribbon on the top paper edge.
6. I covered the ends of the scallop strips with a 7x7cm distressed square of painted 'White Dusk' paper.
7. I sanded the edges of the photo and mounted on the back of the 'Night Owl' paper.
8.  I added a single Bella rubon in the bottom centre of the photo.  I then then distressed the edges of the mount and mounted it again over top of the gathered and pleated fabric before fixing it in place.
9.  Lastly I gave my layout a title using Ruby Rock-It chip Alphas.


So there you have it, a coloured layout using black and white papers.  I hope you're inspired now to give black and white a go.

Happy scrapping till next time




No comments: