I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, September 24, 2010

'Livin' Out Loud'; a step-by-step layout by Ingeborg Dijkstra


My good friend Nienke, whom I know for more than 20 years, is celebrating 19 years of marriage this week. So ... I decided to grab the boxes of photos that I still have to scrap ... these are photos of the two os us taken on her wedding day in September 1991. I loved scrapping those photos, because we surely had fun that day!

I started with a sheet of white cardstock. I normally tend to put my picture(s) in the middle of my layout, but this time I wanted to do it differently and put them more to the sides of the paper. I also wanted to use a few pictures, since I tend to make a lot of layout with only one picture.

I started with two strips of patterned paper. I wanted to have a 'base' for the pictures I was going to use.

I added some ribbon and some paper ribbon next to the patterned paper.

I added my photos with little square foam dots, because I wanted to be able to add more embellishments under the photos. Therefore I only stuck them on lightly.

I went through my stash and looked for paper flowers, silk flowers, felt flowers, buttons, pearls, rhinestones and transparencies to use on the layout. I glued some of them on my layout.


I wanted more colour and added more embellishments:


And ... I wanted to use something 'unusual' ... so I went to my gift wrapping basket and got some curling ribbon and used that for a final touch:


2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

wow thanks for showing us the step by step instructions.. fabulous layout!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Your instructions are wonderful and I do love your layout :) The little touch of ribbon really added a lot at the end!