I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, September 3, 2010

Kaiser Christmas Cards




These cards are made from the left overs from a layout (Christmas Time - a November class) I used Sleigh and Stocking papers in. I made 6 cards, a layout and still have enough left to make more cards - gotta like that! I raided my bits and pieces for tapes, braid and pearls, and grabbed my c/s offcuts that were in Christmas colours - all are available at Tanyah's shop.
I used :Kaiser Sleigh and Stocking papers, Ruby Rockit Trim, 7 Gypsies Savannah paper tape, Paper Xtra stamp, red, brown and green c/s scraps and kraft cards

I inked the edges of just about everything with brown ink and took the measurements from the size of the card and elements used on them.

For the first 2 cards I cut out 2 of the little pictures from Sleigh. One I punched into a circle then 3 D matted them onto green c/s.

For the bottom card I cut out 'Seasons greetings' and cut strips of red pattern from Stocking to be the same length as this title. I added blingy braid across the middle of the main strip. Then I assembled the strips on a red c/s mat. I added the matted little picture with 3D tape on the right side before attaching it to the card.


For the top card I cut a brown c/s mat just smaller than the card front. I attached strips of green patterned paper from Stocking and a strip of green c/s (just wider than the tape) leaving a small gap around and between pieces. I attached tape over the top of the green c/s strip. I punched a circle a bit larger than the centre piece. Then pleated and attached the adhesive tape around the edge to form a rosette. Make sure it shows from under the centre. Attach rosette over the left end of the tape and the little round picture in the centre of this. Stamp Merry Christmas on the right side of the tape and attach to card front.
And you're done. Two more cards later. I hope they inspire you to start early this year to make ALL your cards.
June

No comments: