I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, February 1, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Using a Complete Paper Design Range

There are some many fantastic Paper designers out there and the ranges are fantastic. All mix well with each other. As Scrapbookers how could we go wrong... we really can't. Choosing a complete range to make an album really does make good sense, even to complete a few pages can make all the difference using similar papers.

Today i would like to discuss my layout titled Cute Cousins pictured below.


I love how this layout turned out. I used the range of Fancy Pants papers, including the border sheets and the journal cards. You can check out some fantastic Paper ranges over at Tanyahs shop - http://www.scrapncraftwitht.com.au/

I chose one of the printed papers from the range as my background paper and then slowly added to that. I found the border papers awesome - they accented my page perfectly - the cloud paper border was used vertically and the scallop paper was cut out and used horizontally on my page. I then chose a journal block that complemented the whole layout and used my corner rounder on its edges before adhering it to my page. 

To give the layout an added lift i cut the monkeys out of one of the other border strips( i had a lot to choose from) and then added foam tape to the back to give them added dimension to the page.

I decided that i would round the edges of my photograph & the journal block - and i must admit it really did make a difference as it draws the eye to the picture..... but also it helped blend the circle of the background paper and the curves of the border paper running horizontally.......i think it really ties it all in for a pleasing effect.

More added effects came from the rub-on buddy and the title - using doodle bug alpha stickers.

Honestly this would not be a range i would normally have chosen but i am really happy and glad i got the opportunity to try something that i normally do not work with... The rest of this range was used in creating the mini album shown for Tanyahs embellish it competition ...  it was a fancy pants range also ... and yes i love what i created with that.

So the moral to this story is ... have a go .... try a paper range you probably would never have tried - you may be suprised as to what you can create with it.... it could be your 'some kind of wonderful' story - just like mine.

till next week - have fun creating
tracey

No comments: