I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, February 8, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

KEEPING IT RAW!

I guess the title tells it all doesn't it .... its all about raw chipboard. Sometimes it seems just too hard to decide what to do with it. Do i paint it, emboss it, cover it with paper or ribbon... too many options. On numerous occasions i have gone for the 'au naturel' look. I find that it works for the layout... it gives it an edge.

This layout today is called "Wonder"... and i left the chipboard natural and love how it turned out.


Using the other colors like the blue in the printed paper and the aqua/green of the printed text i have blended the chipboard into the layout to attain a pleasing to the eye embellishment. Chipboard has hues of these colors so it works wonderfully for this reason.

By adding the dark font down the side of my layout i have drawn the focus away from the bird also - the chipboard embellishment becomes a part of the layout and is not my focus... it has sent my eye back to my photograph. So on your next layout give it a try .. go 'au naturel'.

Tanyah has an enourmous range of chipboard available over in the shop for you to purchase you can find chipboard here 

until next time have a great week creating
tracey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous LO - love the perspective of the photo

Anonymous said...

Stunning LO Peeps ... I'm with you on the keeping it raw! And isn't just that much quicker to scrap with it raw??!?!!! Alz :)