Alpha Stickers 'Child's Play- Boy' (KaiserCraft)
Die Cut Elements 'Child's Play' (KaiserCraft)
Patterned Papers 'Child's Play' (KaiserCraft)
Teal Cardstock (Chromatics)
Template 'Orchid' (Crafter's Workshop)
Circle Punch 1" (Carl)
Punch 'Branch' (Nellie Snellen)
- Pink Tissue Paper
- Pearl Beads
Jewel Template 'Flowers and Flourishes (Bazill Basics)
Jewel Template 'Garden' (Bazzill Basics)
I doodled a frame all around the white cardstock.
- Using my 'Orchid' template I traced and cut a shape out of the teal cardstock.
- I doodled around the shape to give it some more dimension. I placed the shape to the left of my page.
- I placed a thin strip of paper on the right side of the shape (slightly off centre).
- I cut a thin and a thicker strip out of the patterned papers and placed them across the page.
- I added a title 'Cupcake' with the Alpha Stickers. I outlined the stickers with black pen.
- I used three vertical photos. I cropped two of them to make them fit vertically.
- I added some journaling and two die cuts (the scalloped strip is one of the die cuts).
- I doodled all around the papers and shapes to make them stand out.
- I decided to add 'something handmade' to the page. I made flowers out of tissue paper (the kind that you can get anywhere in the gift wrapping department).
- I folded the paper a few times and punched a few dozen 1" circles ( see picture 1 below).
- PLEASE NOTE: if you try to punch though only one or two layers of tissue paper, it will most likely not work and you could damage your punch! I punched 8 layers at the time and that worked fine!
- I put about 20 punched circles on top of each other (picture 2).
Using a hole piercer I pierced a hole through the punched circles (picture 3).
I put a piece of wire through the bead and twisted the wire a few times (picture 4).
I put the wire through the punched hole (picture 5, 6 and 7).
I cut a bit of the wire so it won't stick out (picture 8).
- I 'separated' the wires to make it 'stick' (picture 9 and 10).
The pearl is nicely centred in the middle (picture 11).
- Using my fingers I crinkled the paper to make a flower shape (picture 12).
- Using my 'Jewel Templates' I added the final touch with some bling swirls and a cute bird.
I also punched some branches and added them under the tissue paper flowers.