I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

Step By Step Layout 'Cupcake' by Ingeborg Dijkstra


Materials used:

Instructions:

  • I doodled a frame all around the white cardstock.


  • Using my 'Orchid' template I traced and cut a shape out of the teal cardstock.
  • I doodled around the shape to give it some more dimension. I placed the shape to the left of my page.
  • I placed a thin strip of paper on the right side of the shape (slightly off centre).

  • I cut a thin and a thicker strip out of the patterned papers and placed them across the page.
  • I added a title 'Cupcake' with the Alpha Stickers. I outlined the stickers with black pen.



  • I used three vertical photos. I cropped two of them to make them fit vertically.
  • I added some journaling and two die cuts (the scalloped strip is one of the die cuts).
  • I doodled all around the papers and shapes to make them stand out.

  • I decided to add 'something handmade' to the page. I made flowers out of tissue paper (the kind that you can get anywhere in the gift wrapping department).
  • I folded the paper a few times and punched a few dozen 1" circles ( see picture 1 below).
  • PLEASE NOTE: if you try to punch though only one or two layers of tissue paper, it will most likely not work and you could damage your punch! I punched 8 layers at the time and that worked fine!
  • I put about 20 punched circles on top of each other (picture 2).
  • Using a hole piercer I pierced a hole through the punched circles (picture 3).

  • I put a piece of wire through the bead and twisted the wire a few times (picture 4).


  • I put the wire through the punched hole (picture 5, 6 and 7).

  • I cut a bit of the wire so it won't stick out (picture 8).



  • I 'separated' the wires to make it 'stick' (picture 9 and 10).
  • The pearl is nicely centred in the middle (picture 11).

  • Using my fingers I crinkled the paper to make a flower shape (picture 12).



  • Using my 'Jewel Templates' I added the final touch with some bling swirls and a cute bird.
  • I also punched some branches and added them under the tissue paper flowers.

  • Done!

4 comments:

Al Hannah said...

I haven't been to your blog before. This is my first visit :)

Just wanted to say how much I love your layout you have done here with Child's Play!

Thanks for sharing your amazing LO!

Alyssa said...

Love love love it.. Your work is so inspiring Hun.. what a great step by step xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful LO Inge ... gorgeous flowers!!! I think I'm going to have to play with that technique some time very soon!! Alz :)

Melinda Spinks said...

Love the colour scheme, the birdie, the flowers... okay, I think I love the whole layout. LOL! Beautiful work again Ingeborg.
Oh, cake looks scrummy.