I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

'Life at 38' Step by Step layout by Ingeborg Dijkstra


List of materials:

Techniques and instructions (click on the picture above to see more details):


  1. To create a white border I used correction tape on all four sides.

  2. I outlined the white strip with black pen.

  3. I coloured a pattern of pink onto the correction tape and added the number ‘38’ with stickers. I outlined the stickers in white.

  4. I stamped the word ‘life’ onto a white sheet of cardstock.

  5. I doodled a ‘funky border’ in pencil (hard to see on the picture, sorry). I also stamped the word ‘at’.

  6. I drew random curls on each side of the paper.

  7. I added a ‘double line’ around my doodled border to create more dimension.

  8. A close up look at the double doodled border.

  9. I traced the outside doodled border on a thin sheet of 12x12 paper.

  10. I cut around the lines to create a mask.

  11. I used different stamps with suitable words and images to create a unique background.

  12. Using the hand cut mask I stamped all around the page.

  13. I removed the mask to reveal the background.

  14. I used pencils, markers and pens to colour the images.

  15. Using a craft knife I cut a slit in one of the corners.

  16. The slit is only a few centimetres long.

  17. I tucked one of the corners of my photo under the slit.

  18. I used different stamps for my journaling block.

  19. I added some more stamped images to embellish the page.

  20. I added rhinestones to finish the page.

4 comments:

Tanyah Payne said...

OH MY GOODNESS Ingeborg, this is absolutely brillant. The stamping and journalling is increadible and extreamly clever. Thanks so so much for sharing with us. I find this so inspiring

luv tanXx

Melinda Spinks said...

Ingeborg, I totally agree with Tanyah, this is 'absolutely brilliant'. You creativity is extraordinary.
Melinda x

Alyssa said...

Wow very creative and gorgeous :) great Job xx

Marjolijn van Elsberg said...

Echt helemaal geweldig Ingeborg, en zo leuk om te doen, Als mijn zoldertje aan kant is ga ik ook weer eens meer kliederen om er lekker je eigen ding van te maken. Supermooi gedaan. Leuke tip met dat correctiespul op de foto!!!

Groetjes Marjolijn.