I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, February 12, 2010

Step By Step Layout 'Opa' (Grandpa) by Ingeborg Dijkstra


Materials:
White Cardstock
• Patterned Paper ‘Simplicity’ (Kindred Spirit)
• Patterned Paper ‘Rhapsody’ (Kindred Spirit)
• Stitching Template (Bazzill)
Embroidery Thread
Ink Pad Topaz (Versa Color)
Thickers Sprinkles (American Crafts)
• Journaling Block and Arrow stamp (‘Moments Like This by Inque Boutique)
• Circles Stamp (‘Sheltering Tree’ by Gel-A-Tins)


Instructions:


• I drew a few pencil lines to create a frame for my photos.
• I used a stitching template to punch little holes for my hand stitched frame.



  • I added the two photos.
  • I placed the striped paper to the right of my stitched frame and put a piece of blue paper on top of it.
  • I added my title ‘opa’ (which is ‘Grandpa’ in Dutch and German).


  • I stamped a journaling block and an arrow onto the layout.
  • I also stamped circles onto a piece of white cardstock and cut it out.
  • I used foam dots to stick the circular stamped image onto the page.
  • I used some more hand stitching on top of the two strips of paper.
  • I added a button and some more ‘dots’ and done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours Inge! So fresh and clean. Love it. Alz :)

Melinda Spinks said...

Love all the stitching and the colouring is so crisp and summery. Another wonderful creation.
Melinda x

Julie from JulieChats said...

Awesome layout Ingeborg! I have only stitched on one layout, gotta try it again soon!

Stop by & check out my latest Layout of the Week, Bo Bunny's Love Bandit! http://juliechats.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love all the stitching and bright colors