I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Making it Pop with Stars.

Some layouts with lots of color really want us to make them pop! To do that i like to use red... as i have said previously red is the color that draws your eye to it. With the layout below 'Among the Stars', I have used red paint randomly in the center of the page and then layered on top of that.


It was such a fun day at the theme park that i decided to incorporate tickets and stars into my layout as I wanted to acknowledge that my son got to be with some of the stars of the cartoons he watches on television.

I cut out the large blue star frame out of chipboard to encompass the larger photo and offset the cropped small photo at the bottom of the page. The smaller colored stars were cut from  printed paper and the yellow stars were painted chipboard. 

My favourite part of the layout was making the title. It was created in a wordprocessing program and printed on cardstock in colour. It was then hand cut and dimensional tape was used to adhere it to its yellow background... and for the final touch it was coated in dimensional magic to give it a beautiful glossy finish.

Why not create your own frames using stars and chipboard, they look fantastic especially when raised with dimensional tape.

have fun crafting this week...
tracey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so many details to check out