I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Making vintage flowers from sewing pattern paper. by Lisa Kamphuis

This is fantastic way of making your own vintage flowers.....


I love all things vintage and one of my favourites is to find ways to use vintage sewing patterns. Here is a quick and easy flower that you can use in any number of ways.

1. Take your sewing pattern tissue paper and cut into 1 – 2 inch strips.

2. Twist the paper into a tight strip – the tighter the better.

3. Using a paper punch – punch some circles to adhere your tissue paper to

4. Place glue on the cardstock circle.

5. Twist the tissue aper in on itself as a circle and press onto glued dot
6. Trim to sixe when its on the glue circle
7. I hold it for a minute to ensure its adhered.
8. Spray or ink as desired


Thanks heaps Lisa
luv tanXx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting these instructions Lisa. What a fabulous idea. Have just made a few of these while watching TV. Now just have to find a layout to use them on.

Ingeborg Dijkstra- Verbeek said...

Such a great idea, Lisa; I love it!

Rose said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Lisa, these are gorgeous!!!! Great work!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous stuff Lisa! I have saved quite a few patterns from sooo many years ago knowing that I would have a use for them one day (other than sewing LOL!). thank you!!! Alz :)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Fabulous idea!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Lisa, these are wonderful. I bought a few old sewing patterns last week to make a different type of flower, but these are just gorgeous. TFS!
Melinda