I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, May 31, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Competition time.....

Another year has come around and its almost time to enter into the Scrap N Craft with T Embellish It comp. I hope you are all excited with the challenges that lay ahead of you, I am sure the challenges  will be fantastic and you will create your own little piece of magic.

Today I would like to share with you a card that I created while taking part in a Competition many moons ago. Its amazing what you can come up with when given specific guidelines. Sometimes the task set before you can seem like the largest mountain that you will never reach the top of and then other times its a breeze in the park. The idea with it is to take it in your stride, have a go, enjoy and embrace the task because sometimes the hardest of tasks will be the ones that you reap the most reward from.


From memory the challenge had to have mosaics, a heart and stamping. The stamping was formed using a  block foam stamp repeated as an edge border and then I added a strip of red bazzill and stamped white dots down that. Little mosaic squares were then added in the shape of a heart and I then defined the heart shape by sewing the heart twice on the card. Finally the word love was added. I love the versatility of the large Heidi Swapp clear stamps - I have stamped the word love on a separate piece of cardstock and then cut it out, adhered dimensional tape to give it height.

It looks a little intricate but talking through the steps is so much easier now. This would have to be one of my favourite cards I have created. I never really thought about the whole process too much. I guess you could say I just had a 'crack' at it.

So I hope that you are all getting ready for the competition - make sure you have signed up prior to the 6th of June 2010. The challenges will be amazing, along with some fantastic prizes on offer and I am looking forward to seeing what you all will be creating this year.

Have a fantastic week
tracey


1 comment:

Chloe said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for the tips :-)