I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, May 28, 2010

Bo Bunny's Jazmyne

Hmm … how best to describe Bo Bunny’s Jazmyne limited edition glitter collection? Exotic? Definitely. Purple? Yes. Flowery? Without a doubt! Feminine? Absolutely. Versatile? Oh yeah baby!!! Ordinarily I have to confess that purple is not a colour I would first reach for when I scrap. Nor are glittery papers. But when it came to Bo Bunny’s Jazmyne range how could I resist?

Although all of the patterned papers are designed to of course work with each other, when shifting them around on my desk I found little groups of papers constantly ending up together. Somewhat perturbing you might say given the photos I planned to scrap didn’t actually work with these little ‘gatherings’. It was like Jazmyne had a mind of her own and I was under her spell. So I collected my three groups of papers and studied them long and hard, racking my brain for what photos I had which would work. It wasn’t easy. I had a stereotype image in my mind of what these papers would be used for … girly, pretty, ever so feminine pages with lots of flowers and flourishes. Now don’t get me wrong LOL, I’ll be the first person to put up my hand when the question is asked ‘who likes flourishes and flowers?’. But in this instance I wanted to do something different. I’ve been trying to move past my ‘traditional’ flourishes and flowers style and explore different techniques.

As my mind processed the three piles of papers I had collected it occurred to me that a challenge was in order. I wanted to challenge myself to use this range to create three vastly different LOs. One would be girly, one would be a bit funky and distressed, and the third would be done with a photo of men. ‘Men!’ I hear you exclaim. Okay it wasn’t a photo of the boys being blokes, it was a photo of the boys dressed up in their dinner suits for our wedding. But it was boys and the papers were predominantly glittery purples! Below are the three resulting LOs.

If like me, you sometimes find yourself at a loss for inspiration, why not try setting yourself a challenge? If nothing else it gives you a starting point from which to begin creating. Some of your best work can come from stretching your skills and trying something new. How was working with Bo Bunny Jazmyne in the end? For me it was a delightful challenge. So if purple and glitter are up your alley then you definitely must get your hands on some of these divine papers. And if they’re not, then I challenge you to grab some anyway and see what you can come up with. Alz :)


She was so proud


Tips/Techniques

* When cutting out flowers from patterned paper, flip them over on a piece of foam (an old-fashion mouse pad would be perfect) and use a Shaping Tool to mould the flowers and give them some depth and a beautiful 3D effect.

* Try matting a die-cut shape (such as the flourish on this page) to give it more definition against the patterned paper.

* When first starting your die-cutting collection, consider what shapes you are most likely to use most. For me, the Sizzix Circle, Scallop and the Sizzix Circle #3 are essential as they enable me to create perfect, good-sized, journaling spots.

* The Kaiser Pearl Strips are perfect when you want an accent without the ‘heaviness’ of cardstock or patterned paper. Don’t forget that you can then separate the pearls from the strips and use them individually as I have done.

* The Bella Large Alphabet and Number chipboard set rocks! On this LO I used a scallop circle (without a centre) and a letter ‘e’. I used a glue stick to adhere patterned paper to the scallop circle and once dry, sanded the edges. I used the ‘OMG to die for’ Smooch (Cherry Chocolate … yummy!) to paint the letter ‘e’ and once dry applied two coats of Glossy Accents. Seriously, with the versatility of this chipboard set and its fantastic value for money, this chipboard has become my new best friend!!!

Materials
Bo Bunny Jazmyne
* Verdant patterned paper
* Botanical patterned paper
* Combo Stickers
* Simply Beautiful Cardstock Stickers
Cardstock
Bella Large Alphabet and Number chipboard set
Kaiser Pearl Strip – Champagne
Fiskars border punch – Threading Water
Sizzix dies – Circle, Scallop and Circle #3
Making Memories tiny alphas – brown ledger
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Dusty Concord
Embroidery cotton

Be carefree and joyous always

Tips/Techniques

Cut circle and scallop circle die-cut patterned paper to create hills for a landscape style LO.

Colour JEJE Sticker Sheets with Smooch Pearlized Accent Inks. They may take a little time to dry however they will give a soft, subtle effect.

Stamp on raw chipboard with a VersaMagic inkpad and then emboss with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powders for a wonderfully rustic look.

Use two or more adhesive 3D Foam Dots when creating a dimensional page.

Peeled back, corrugated cardboard (so the peaks are clear) makes a fabulous, inexpensive and unique stamp to use with paint.

Materials
Bo Bunny Jazmyne
* Symmetry patterned paper
* Mist patterned paper
* Peridot die-cut patterned paper
* Combo Stickers
* Mud Puddle
* Antique White
American Crafts Thickers – Rockabye – Foam – Leaf
American Crafts Thickers – Daydream – Foam – Chestnut
Making Memories Tiny Alphas – brown ledger
Smooch Pearlized Accent Inks:
* Taffy
* Grape Soda
* Gold Lame
JEJE Sticker Sheets – small dragonflies – silver on silver
Pigma Micron 01 Archival Ink Pen – black

My best man


Tips/Techniques

I found this Bo Bunny Jazmyne range to be stunning and elegant with white added for a bold contrast. Perfect for wedding pages. Plus with less emphasis on traditionally used flowers and more emphasis on darker colours, this range is ideal for pages featuring men.

Don’t like the colour of the centre of your Green Tara mini flowers? Cut them out and replace them with bling.

The Bazzill Stitch’z Templates don’t necessarily equal embroidery thread or fibres. Why not try Green Tara Paper String for something different? On this LO I didn’t want a stark white stitched flourish so I inked my Paper String (one strand of the two) with the Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord) and the result was a lovely mottled effect.

Use a diverse mixture of blossoms in your clusters for more interest. Here I have used a ChelleBean Romantic Rose, Prima Flower Centres, and Green Tara Vintage Blossoms.

Use a little extra glue (Glossy Accents or Pritt for example) when sticking chipboard alphas on to a surface with glitter for better (and longer lasting!) adhesion.

Materials
Bo Bunny Jazmyne
* Flower Box patterned paper
* Twilight patterned paper
* Amethyst die-cut patterned paper
* Combo Stickers
* Lavender Garden Rub-On
Smooth white cardstock
Green Tara Vintage Blossoms – White
Green Tara Flower Spray – White
Green Tara Organza Flower Glitter Design ribbon
Green Tara Paper String – White
Green Tara Mini Flowers – purple with yellow centre
Smooch – Cherry Chocolate
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Dusty Concord
Bazzill In Stitch’z Templates – Formal Flourish
American Crafts Thickers – Nutmeg – Glossy Letter chipboard – White
Basic Grey Bling It – purple
Prima Flower Centres – Dynasty Amethyst
Kaiser Pearl Strip – Black
ChelleBean Designs Romantic Roses - Purple
Inkssentials Glossy AccentsMaking Memories Staples – Metallic

Please email us or ask us about all these above products, If we don't have them in stock we are more than happy to get them in for you.

Here is the amazing Bo bunny Jasmyne Range which is glittered and selling extreamly well... Grab your own Today so you don't miss out!.CLICK HERE to go to our shop full of yummy things to create with!..

Thank you for stopping by and hope that Alz's creations inspires you to have a go. If your local pop in to see these amazing layouts in real life! they are incredible!
till next time and have a wonderful day
luv tanXx

1 comment:

Pauly said...

Beautiful!!! Certainly inspired me!! I'm off to get some!! Thankyou :)