I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, September 8, 2008

Altered Mini Book designed by Sharmaine Kruijver

Here is a Step by step mini book - “Turning 9”

STEP 1

For this book I used a kids board book that was broken and was going to be tossed out.








STEP 2

I ripped off all the glossy pages until I was left with the raw cardboard.

I covered each of the inside pages with paint (I used Making Memories as it is quick drying and goes on thickly.

A tip, only cover the area you will see, ie don’t paint under the photos, makes it quicker and you use less paint. I also painted around the sides of each page






STEP 3

I then used some Love, Elsie fabric paper on the cover.

You could also use pattern paper and sand back the edges and ink the sides.

I then added my title, Heidi Swapp plastic letters and Urban Lily sticker, and then used dimensional Magic to cover it so it would stay put and be hard wearing.






STEP 4

I added the photos and journal strips to the inside pages.

To the space left, between the photo and the page edge, I inked the end of a pen and applied it to the book to create circles.










STEP 5

On my back pages I added a photo and then a journal block.







STEP 6








Here is the completed book.


I have made other books using this same recycling technique.











I would like to thank sharmaine for doing this awesome workshop! These books are awesome and very easy to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This mini book looks great Tan, a job well done Sharmaine.

Hugs
Gypsy