I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, June 28, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Competitions - what fun!

 I hope that you are all having fun with the challenges in the Embellish it comp. There have been so many fantastic projects created as well as the fantastic challenges to spark your creative energy. Good luck to you all!

The layout I am sharing today was created for A2Z Scraplets. I used one of the flourishes that were available in the extensive range and the friends arrows pack.


I have a lot of underwater photos of my two peeps, they like taking kooky pictures of themselves, so they are a little out of focus or heads are cut off, but in my eyes they are great shots and captures the essence of them both and how much fun they have together. So armed with this shot I set out to create a layout.

I chose red bazzill for my background as it works extremely well with aqua & lime. I used some Basic Grey printed paper to help tie in with the colors of the paper ribbon that was picked out. Paper ribbon is so versatile and can be used in so many ways. Tanyah has a large variety of colours in the shop to wet your appetite. I have used 4 different colours here and just torn them at differing lengths and sewn each one on to the page.
I next added my photo by sewing it onto the layout. The flourish was painted in black, its shape reminded me of a splash of water and suited this appllication perfectly. The words were then painted aqua and I added some pen lines to help make the words stand out. I also added a Basic Grey rub on with jewels to the friend arrow.When it was all completed I added more bling to the flourish to help accentuate it.

I hope you find a little inspiration from this layout and if you have not used paper ribbon or some large chipboard flourishes you will give them a go next time you set yourself up to scrap.

ciao
tracey

No comments: