I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, June 7, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

USING LOTS OF PHOTOS TO TELL THE STORY - no journalling needed

The layout i have up today was a series of shots that were taken out at lunch. I wanted to capture the whole event... how my son was fooling around with coasters and how his pop showed him how to make his own face creations... i guess the both of them were bored, but this is what he came up with. There was a lot of chatter at the table about Star Trek, hence the title "Beam me up".


The photos were quite dark and the lighting in the background was a beautiful amber hue, great mood lighting at this place, so I decided that I would use orange as my backdrop to capture the lighting in the photos. To brighten the whole layout up I added bright colors in the title.

There were seven great pictures and I have chose one that was enlarged to be my centerpiece, the other six were printed a smaller size and were grouped in twos and then mounted on cardstock.

The first thing was to organise the placement of the photos on the cardstock. I then chose the printed stripe paper  to compliment the background paper. A combination of chipboard arrows, handmade arrows and rub ons were used. The handmade arrows and chipboard arrows were painted a color chosen from the printed paper and were given a doodled border in black pen. The arrows were placed around the layouts so that they could tell the story or sequence of events - starting at the top right and working my around.

The title is a combination of fonts printed from my computer and then painted and edged in black marker. These were given dimension by adding foam tape to the back and layering the letters over each other.I decided that the final arrow would have the word 'up' on it and added some press studs for interest at the bottom. The journal card was a from the Fancy Pants range and captured the essence of my sons' eagerness to do something amazing. A few more embellishments were added to the main photo with the use of rub ons and brads and the layout was complete.

I hope you have enjoyed this layout and find a little inspiration in scrapbooking some of the more odd moments as well as using lots of photos to tell the story.

Have a great week
tracey




No comments: