I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, June 4, 2010

'Scrapping on a budget' layout by Ingeborg Dijkstra


A couple of weeks ago I created a layout for less than $ 1.00 and I have had so many wonderful responses that I thought I'd do it again! This layout was made using one sheet of cardstock and a piece of Prima packaging and other stuff I had in my stash. I do love buying new products, but with this layout I want to show you that you can still make a funky, colourful and balanced layout without spending too much!

List of materials I used:

I started by distressing a sheet of slightly textured pink cardstock. Using a ruler and pencil, I marked a square on my layout (about an 1.5 inch / 4 cm from the border, see picture 1). I used die cut letters for my title. If you don't have a die cut machine, you can also use a chipboard alphabet (or whatever you have left). I placed my title on the left (see picture 2 and 3).

I removed the die cut letters and traced the pencil lines with a black marker. I wanted to make the letters stand out, so I stamped dots on them. I cannot remember the brand name of the dotted stamp, sorry.

I used the 'negatives' from the die cuts to define the area I wanted to stamp. I used them like a mask or stencil (see pictures below). If you want to skip this step, you can also choose to doodle in your letters ...
I have a package of 'Say It In Crystal Flourishes' by Prima. These bling flourishes are gorgeous, but I didn't want to use them, since I wanted to make this a BUDGET layout. So ... I opened the package and carefully cut out one of the swirls. Using my scanner (see pictures below) I printed the swirl. I put the cardstock on top of the printed swirl (yes, I held it against the window when the sun was shining to create my FREE light box ) and used my black marker to make 'dots' following the printed shape. I still have the original bling flourish to use on another layout!

Whilst opening the package of bling swirls, I couldn't help but noticing the super cute black and white dots. So ... I used the packaging instead of patterned paper. You can see the barcode on the picture below. I chose to cover the barcode and product name with ribbon and a picture, but it is quite funky to even have that shown on your layout too!

I went through my stash to find a matching piece of ribbon. I also had some leftover paper from the Bella Grace collection. I used the black and white paper to cut out three flowers.
I added some lime flowers from my stash and punched three little white flowers and finished off with a pink rhinestone in the middle of each flower. Done!

1 comment:

Tanyah Payne said...

WOW this is fantastic! i love your title idea and the flourish looks brillant! thanks so so much Ingeborg and welcome back from your short break and hope things have settled down for you!...
luv tanXx