I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, January 14, 2011

Step-by-step Birthday Card by Ingeborg Dijkstra

Today I want to show you a step-by-step birthday card, which can be used for the birthday of a a child, a man or a woman. I like having cards ready to go for whenever I need one quickly. Next week I will show you some more generic birthday cards. I used papers from the Imaginisce collection called Birthday Bash. Did you know that all these products are now 50% off in Tan's store? You can pick up some great bargains!

I started by cutting a 12" x 12" piece of teal cardstock (now only $ 0.48!) in half. This will be my base for two square cards; the one I made today and one I will show you next week.

I cut a strip of the brown paper with the candles (Imaginisce Birthday Bash, Wish Big from $ 1.80 now only $ 0.90) to go across the card at the bottom. I cut a smaller strip of patterned paper (Imaginisce Birthday Bash, Confetti) to go on the left side:

Instead of stamping a stentiment I decided to use Microsoft Publisher and create my own page with so called Birthday B's. I matched the colours of the B and the writing with the Imaginisce collection. This is what my A4- sized paper looked like:


Feel free to right-click and save this image and use it for yourself! I cut one 'B' and used foam squares to stick it on the card. I carefully punched the letters 'h-a-p-p-y' out of another sheet of paper (Imaginisce Birthday Bash, Surprise) using a small round punch. The punches are now 45% off, which makes for good bargains too!
I drew a 'flame' on a scrap piece of orange cardstock and added it to the card. I finished by punching a present out of the other side of the Surprise paper. Happy birthday!

No comments: