Today's layout uses the bright modern Ruby Rock-It Summerhouse range and really is perfect for those summertime layouts. These patterned papers are 200gsm cardstock and are double-sided.....
Here is a list of the goodies I used to make this....
* Ruby Rock-It - Summerhouse "Hot Hot Hot"
* Ruby Rock-It - Summerhouse "Streak"
* VersaColor Inkspot - Bark
* Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) in Zinnia and Blue Iris
* Judkins Embossing Powder - Aquamarine twinkle
* Words or Whatever (WOW) Chipboard Flourish 2 (Linda Baldock Design)
* Mesh ribbon
* Trim Curls Self-adhesive scroll ribbon
* Kaisercraft Fozz Fonts - Fonzo Alpha (white)
* American Craft Thickers - Rockabye and Sprinkles
* Docrafts Anita's Calendar Tabs
To make the layout, I took the RR Hot Hot Hot paper
and cut a large square, and then made some random triangular cuts and stuck it to the cardstock moving every second strip out a couple of cms to give that 'ray' effect.
I cut the blue portion from the RR Streak paper
and then cut a large scallop along one edge, then inked the edges and outlined with black gel pen, sticking it down so that it sat half below where the photo was going.
I stuck the white scallopy ribbon along the left hand side and added some slightly crumpled mesh over that before securing the photo in place.
I added a title using the 3 different alphas and outlined them with black gel pen, and then attached the cute little calendar tab after colouring the edges slightly.
To finish off I found this chippy diecut from WOW that kind of looks like bubbles, and thought it would go well to embellish the layout. Here it is in it's raw state...
If I have plenty of time, I love playing around with raw chippy...it's so much fun.
With this one I covered the shape with lots of Versamark...you really do need to dab all over it numerous times to get it sticky enough as the chippy is so porous in it's raw state (alternatively you could cover it first with a paint like Gesso and you wouldn't need so much ink then). I then sprinkled it with the sparkly Judkins embossing powder, and applied heat. Then I applied more Versamark to the 'bubbles' on the shape, and sprinkled with the zinnia (green) UTEE and applied heat. I then decided I didn't like the sparkly bits, so I Versamarked over them and sprinkled with the blue iris UTEE and applied heat. Then while the UTEE was still melted I sprinkled a little bit of green over the blue in places and applied heat once again.
It's a pity I didn't think to take progress photos of all the stages because all of that probably doesn't make much sense. But here are some close-ups of the finished embellishment...
Thanks for looking at my contribution this week...hope you like it!
Don't forget that Tanyah's store is still on sale, and still open for another couple of weeks for scrapping bargains like you wouldn't believe!
See you next Monday! xxx