I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, February 4, 2011

Gift in a jar: 'Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix' by Ingeborg Dijkstra

I love making gifts for family and friends. I think handmade gifts are the best, since they add a personal touch. Today I'd like to show you a 'gift in a jar' for a friend of mine. The background of these pictures are two sheets of patterned paper from the Nonsense Collection (We'R'Memory Keepers). These sheets are now only $ 0.70, which is 50% of their original price of $ 1.40 !

Click HERE to see heaps of patterned papers with 50% discount!

I started with a cleaned jar and added my own 'Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix' . I have a Tupperware container full of this stuff and scooped a bit into the jar:

These are the ingredients of the 'Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix' :
  • 1½ cups milk powder
  • 1½ cups white sugar
  • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
  • ¾ cup non-dairy creamer (Coffee Mate)

Obviously only a bit of this mix will fit into the jar; I kept the rest for my own family ;-) ... To cover the lid I cut a circle out of white felt:

To attach it to the lid, I stitched all around it. Make sure you are still able to tie it once it is on the jar!

The top of your jar wil now look like this:

As you can see I added a strip of patterned paper from the Nonsense Collection (We'R'Memory Keepers) at the bottom. I didn't like the look of the top, so I covered it with a circle of white tule. I also added an orange ribbon around it to keep it in place.
Ribbon is discounted with 40% in the store, make sure you check all the ribbon HERE !
I also added a tag. The front says: Hot Chocolate Mix and on the back of the tag I wrote the instructions as shown above.
I punched some butterflies, added another strip of paper, a few more embellishments and done!
The gorgeous orange embellishment at the top of the jar is handmade by ChelleyBean Designs and can be found in the shop HERE. If you would like to see the other handmade products of ChelleyBean Designs (like the cutest birds and flowers), please go HERE.

If you are inspired to decorate your own 'gift in a jar', you might want to consider joining this month's competition at the International Scrapchallenge Blog. The challenge is to decorate a jar! Click HERE to read all about it!
Have a wonderful weekend, ladies!
x Ingeborg.

No comments: