I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Mixed Media Canvas - by Sue Smith

Well this week when I sat down to do some scrapping for this blog post, nothing happened...I had no idea what to do, and nothing inspired me. So I decided just to play around with some canvas, paints and any other bits and pieces that took my fancy.

I had no idea how it would turn out, but decided to take some progress photos along the way in case it was decent enough to share....and here is the finished result (just click on any photo for a closer look)...



First of all I started with a piece of canvas that had already been primed with gesso and just roughly slathered it with some watered down acrylic, and then dug into my big box of ancient music, ripped some pages and started to stick the pieces on with Matte Mod Podge....



The music book I was using had an interesting graphic on the front (complete with ancient stickytape) so I decided to incorporate that as well....



Some more bits of music paper and then some white gesso over the top....



Some more paint....



Once it was dry, I added some gel pen lines around the edge of the question mark...



I then used numerous distress inks to highlight the details of the graphic and some other areas of the canvas....



To finish off, I added a big swirl of Croco Crackling paint (white) and 24 hours later, when it had crackled I coloured that with distress ink also...



The next three photos show some close-up detail....







TFL xxx See you next Monday!

1 comment:

Tanyah Payne said...

now that is very cool... thanks for sharing xx